What is My City Life?
MY CITY LIFE is our online community! Once you have signed up and logged in, you will be able to edit and update your own profile information, stay connected with the groups you are participating in, see a summary of all your different roles in the church, find events you might be interested in, and easily communicate with the City Life Church family! You can also fill in some of the “fun” information like the activities you enjoy, the music styles you prefer, your favorite radio station, and more, so that others can get to know you better. We hope you enjoy our online community and take full advantage of the opportunities it provides to connect and stay informed!
How do I use the online community?
Diving right in, is the best way to see what MY CITY LIFE is! Once you’ve completed A and B above, visit citylifechurch.ca, click on the MY CITY LIFE icon on the top right or bottom section of the website, and use your login and password to start exploring.
On your personalized home page in MY CITY LIFE, there are easy-to-follow instructions called MY CITY LIFE QUICK START GUIDE that will get you started..
If you decide you don’t want to be part of the community, you can at anytime request to be “unlisted” and merely discontinue using it. It works as a personalized church calendar just for you, a church calendar, a program of events, and a communication tool between members and groups. We hope that you will be able to get better connected by participating in “Discussions”, looking for “Groups” that may be of interest to you and then joining one! You may also find a place to use your gifts by looking at our Volunteer “Positions”.
Need some help?
Click HELP at the top of your MY CITY LIFE homepage. There are many help topics to search from.
You can also contact Rebecca Tanner who is happy to help you with any questions you may have.
Who sees my information?
You have 100% control over this – you decide! While our database contains anyone who is on our mailing list and our website is public, our online community is only for those who are part of City Life Church. Once you’ve joined, you decide whether your information will be “listed” to other online members or “unlisted”. Unlisted information is not seen by anyone beyond our staff and key leaders with “administrative privileges” who contact individuals requesting information or for use as a mailing list.
Everyone who is part of City Life Church is encouraged to join MY CITY LIFE by requesting access. Those who are not part of our church will not be given login and passwords if they request it.
What are the guidelines for use?
Please protect the privacy of fellow members! Violating any of these guidelines will result in blocked access. By joining MY CITY LIFE you agree to the following rules of use:
- MY CITY LIFE is intended for personal and ministry use. It is not for solicitation of any kind. Do not use it for business purposes or for ministry, groups, etc. outside of the City Life Church Community.
- Protect the privacy of members by not giving any contact information. If you would like someone’s number and they are “unlisted”, please ask them directly. City Life Church cannot give out this information without prior consent. Our leaders use this private information with care.
- Do not send emails that are not necessary and requested, e.g. jokes, stories, petitions, etc. Use MY CITY LIFE with care and courtesy for personal and friendly communication. Do not add members to email lists outside MY CITY LIFE without prior consent.
- Members who engage in discussions that speak negatively about other groups, churches or organizations or attempt to solicit members for outside groups or organizations. Keep the online discussions and emails positive and profitable.
- MY CITY LIFE members who become inactive at City Life Church will have their login access removed.
- Members are to inform the web administrator (Neil LaHaise) of any problems so a resolution can be found.
If you are new to MY CITY LIFE:
A. Request access to the online community.
B. Once you have activated your account, access My City Life by logging in.