We have entered into a Season of Generosity recognizing that God has called City Life Church to impact the world around it with the life-transforming message of Jesus. Our mission is to help people Know God, Find Freedom, Discover Purpose, and Make a Difference and generosity is a key to making a difference. Generosity encompasses our entire lives, including the giving of our finances, and in this season, we can give cheerfully toward the vision God has given us. Our giving is going into three main areas:
1. Outreach to our Community ($40,000)
We love Chilliwack and want to reach out to those in need with the love of Jesus (Acts 10:4; 10:31). We are focused on giving to:
- Starfish Backpacks, which provides food to children to do not have enough. We supply and deliver food weekly to help support thirty-five kids in need.
- Christmas needs such as food hampers and gifts to Bernard Elementary Afternoon Adventures families.
- Cyrus Centre. We will be purchasing and filling forty backpacks for at-risk youth. These will contain some of the items they need as well as special things to tell them that they are loved and valued.
2. CLC Family Needs and Support of Other Churches ($80,000)
In this season, we want to care for families and individuals within our CLC family who are in need (1 John 3:17-18). We recognize that, in this season, there is extra need and opportunity to show our love.
In addition, we recognize that this is a moment in history where many churches in our nation are struggling. There are many pastors who are close to giving up. God has called us to be a blessing to other churches and to build up leaders and churches even in this time. We can give and prepare so that we can sow finances, coaching, and leadership into churches in need. We believe that this will be a great need in the near future.
3. Online/Digital Growth ($30,000)
This has been a season that has launched us into the world of online media. We envision reaching people beyond our city through media and would endeavour to engage them in the life and mission of the church through our online platform. We would like to purchase equipment to help stream our services live and improve our ability to engage with people in this arena.
The Season of Generosity is not about finances, but about letting God build a spirit of generosity within each of our lives. Let this be the primary thing that you allow God to do within you. As He stirs your heart to give, let your giving flow not from any sense of obligation but out of a cheerful, willing heart that is eager to give. God bless you!